Saturday, February 2, 2008

Food

It never ceases to amaze me how a Portuguese woman can come home after a long days' work and whip up a meal that looks like it belongs at Crown Sterling. Seriously. Last night I came home from school (it was pouring, blech) and Fernanda whipped up a meal of chicken courden-bleu, greens, vegetables, pie, chocolate fondue, and homemade whipped cream. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Today I thought I was going to go to dinner with some other AFSers, but no one could go...so I went shopping with Ines and her friend Pipa. I came home and had dinner (fabulous as usual, fresh fish, spinach, rice). We watched Phantom of the Opera...yet again, funny how snippets of a previous life can catch you off guard. So many memories are associated with that music for me. Now I'm here. It's Carnaval, which means tons of little kids dressed in costumes, and (hopefully) going out on the town.

No comments: