Sunday, March 2, 2008

An ordinary week

ok well this week has been good

Making some friends and what not...Monday I got a pastry with Manana, a girl from my school. Wednesday I had lunch with Johannes at this cafe near Casa da Musica....

Yesterday I had lunch at an outside cafe by the River with Johannes, it was so nice. We walked across the bridge, had some cake, then he went with me to meet with my friends, and stayed with me since they were late until they showed up...how sweet :) Then I went with two friends from school shopping for clothes and such, then we had crepes.

Today I wanted to go to Porto but my host mom said I needed to study...lajwefakmef;liafj. Because grades really don't count here, and I am trying. I don't see why I needed to be quarantined in the house. More updates later with more detail - but maybe that will hold you off ;)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ah, Caroline, mothers seem to be the same wherever you go! Stay home and study really means, "we want to see more of you and have you be a part of the family for the day". Sounds like she just wanted you to be around a bit to feel more like a part of the family and less like a visitor. Hopefully you can use this time to get to know them a little better and talk a bit. Maybe they want to know what it is you do when you are out with the new friends and what you would like to accomplish while there. I am proud of you for trying harder and making friends and finding things that teens have in common all over the world, like food, coffee, shopping, and just hanging out. It sounds like things are getting a bit better for you and i hope that is true. Still, we look forward to your return in June. Hopefully Kip will come again soon and visit. That sounded like a big success for you all which made us all happy! Have a great week and cut your host family some slack. They are trying to get to know who Caroline is as much as you are learning that for yourself. Love from us, Karen MCCharen, et al.